Eastern Michigan defeats Toledo 58-42Feb 18, 2010 - 2:22 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry scored 20 points and Eastern Michigan defeated Toledo 58-42 on Wednesday night.
The Eagles (14-12, 5-7 Mid-American Conference) shot 40 percent (10 of 25) and held the Rockets to 25 percent shooting (5 of 20) to build a 31-12 lead at halftime.
The Rockets would score the first basket of the second half on a layup by Malcom Griffin, but wouldn't pull any closer in their 17th straight loss. Eastern Michigan led by as many as 27, 43-16, on Bowdry's layup with 15:38 remaining.
Carlos Medlock had 11 points and Jay Higgins dished out seven assists for Eastern Michigan, which tallied 18 assists and just six turnovers.
The Eagles were 13 of 19 from the free throw line (68.4 percent), while Toledo made just six trips to the charity stripe, connecting on four.
Ian Salter was the only player in double figures for the Rockets (3-24, 0-13), scoring 10 points.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 58
TOLEDO 42 FINAL
Feb 17 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 31
TOLEDO 12 HALFTIME
Feb 17 8:03 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31