Pacific runs away from Long Beach State 74-52Feb 18, 2010 - 6:57 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- Pat Eveland scored a career-high 23 points, and Pacific used a late surge to run away from Long Beach State 74-52 on Wednesday night.
Eveland went 9 of 10 from the field, including 5 of 5 from 3-point range. Sam Willard added 16 points for the Tigers (17-8, 9-3 Big West), who hit 10 of 19 3-pointers and won their second in a row.
Eugene Phelps scored 13 points and T.J. Robinson had 11 to lead the 49ers (12-14, 6-7), who lost their second straight game.
With the Tigers leading 42-40, Eveland scored and then Willard hit six in a row for a 50-40 edge with 11:30 left.
Pacific later used a 10-0 run to turn a 59-50 lead into a 69-50 advantage with 4:36 left, icing the game.
The Tigers, who held a 35-28 rebounding advantage, led 33-26 at intermission.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 52 FINAL
Feb 17 11:52 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 17 10:46 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20