Jacksonville beats Kennesaw State 75-67Feb 19, 2010 - 4:08 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Lehmon Colbert notched a double-double, scoring 18 points and grabbing 11 boards to lead Jacksonville in a 75-67 win over Kennesaw State on Thursday night.
Ben Smith added 16 points and Ayron Hardy had 12 for the Dolphins (16-10, 12-5 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won three straight games to remain in a three-way tie for first place in the conference with three games to play.
The Dolphins completed a season sweep of the Owls, who they also beat 91-52 on Jan. 4.
Trailing Kennesaw State by six points at halftime, Jacksonville relied on tight defense and a late 17-9 run to close out the win in the second half.
Markeith Cummings also recorded a double-double, scoring 24 points and pulling down 12 rebounds for the Owls (12-16, 7-10).
Jacksonville outrebounded Kennesaw State 41-36 and forced the Owls into 10 turnovers while committing just eight.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 67 FINAL
Feb 18 9:23 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 35 HALFTIME
Feb 18 8:18 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9