Penn beats Yale 81-69Feb 21, 2010 - 3:18 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Zack Rosen scored 27 points and Penn got double-doubles from both Dan Monckton and Jack Eggleston, beating Yale 81-69 on Saturday night.
Monckton had 18 points and 12 rebounds while Eggleston tallied 13 points and 10 boards for the Quakers (5-18, 4-5 Ivy League), who snapped a three-game losing skid. They also avenged a 61-48 loss at Yale on Jan. 29.
Rosen was one of four Penn players to hit a 3-pointer, sinking three as the Quakers finished 7-for-19 (36.8 percent). The Bulldogs were just 3-for-17 from beyond the arc (17.6 percent).
Yale jumped out to a 6-0 lead and held a 30-28 advantage on Alex Zampier's 3 with just under 6 minutes left before halftime. But Rosen hit back-to-back jumpers, sparking a 17-7 Quakers run into the locker room, and they never trailed again.
Zampier scored 21 points for the Bulldogs (10-17, 4-6), who have dropped two straight contests.
- NCAA BB
PENN 81 FINAL
Feb 20 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
PENN 45 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:03 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9