Cornell defeats Dartmouth 88-70Feb 21, 2010 - 2:26 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 23 points to lead Cornell to an 88-70 win over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
Louis Dale and Errick Page each scored 14 points for the Big Red (23-4, 9-1 Ivy League), who have won three straight games. Cornell swept the season series against Dartmouth, having previously defeated them 71-37 on Jan. 29.
Cornell used a 15-0 run in the first half to jump out to a 30-11 lead after a 3-pointer from Jon Jaques with 7:15 left in the half. Its first-half lead would balloon to as much as 23 points, and the Big Red led 44-21 at halftime.
Dartmouth failed to come back in the second half and trailed by as many as 29 points.
Ronnie Dixon scored a career-high 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting to lead the Big Green (5-19, 1-9).
Cornell shot 69.6 percent from the field in the first half (16-for-23), while Dartmouth shot 36 percent in the opening period (9-for-25).
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 70 FINAL
Feb 20 8:36 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 21 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:43 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8
- Harvard wins Ivy League Mar 9
- Duke uses giant run to pound Cornell Dec 19
- Top-ranked Duke plays host to Cornell Dec 19
- Brust, Badgers crush Cornell Nov 19
- Cornell visits No. 22 Wisconsin Nov 18
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7