Middle Tennessee defeats South Alabama 81-54Feb 21, 2010 - 3:36 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- Calvin O'Neil scored 15 points and Middle Tennessee defeated South Alabama 81-54 on Saturday night.
The Blue Raiders (17-12, 11-5 Sun Belt Conference) shot 51.9 percent from the field (28 of 54), including going 8-for-16 from 3-point range.
Montarrio Haddock chipped in 14 points, Rod Emanuel 12 and James Gallman 10 for Middle Tennessee, who won for the fourth time in five games.
The Blue Raiders scored five straight to go ahead 21-20 on Gallman's 3 with 6:19 left in the first half. Martino Brock then hit two free throws to put the Jaguars (15-14, 7-10) back on top, 22-21, but they were outscored 16-4 the rest of the half as the Blue Raiders built a 37-26 halftime lead.
Middle Tennessee led by as much as 74-71 on Desmond Yates' 3-pointer with 4:19 left.
Tim Williams had 17 points, Brock 14 and Jayson Guerrier 12 for South Alabama.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 54
MIDDLE TENN 81 FINAL
Feb 20 10:04 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 26
MIDDLE TENN 37 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:01 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21