Texas-Arlington defeats Central Arkansas, 71-47Feb 20, 2010 - 11:18 PM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Marquez Haynes scored 19 points and Texas-Arlington defeated Central Arkansas, 71-47, in Southland Conference play on Saturday.
Texas-Arlington's (15-10, 7-5) defense smothered the Bears (8-18, 2-10) all afternoon as they held them to just 23.3 percent (14 of 60) from the field.
The Mavericks opened the game up midway through the first half as they held the Bears without a point for almost seven minutes during a 12-0 run and went into the half leading 32-21. A 13-2 second half run helped put the game out of reach. The 24-point victory was also the largest of the season for the Mavericks.
Tommy Moffitt added 14 points and a team-high 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the season and the sixth of his career for the Mavericks. Armani Williams added 12 points.
Tadre Sheppard led Central Arkansas with 10 points.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 71
CENTRAL ARK 47 FINAL
Feb 20 5:03 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS ARLINGTON 32
CENTRAL ARK 21 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:52 PM
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19
- Mavericks come calling on 24th-ranked Cowboys Dec 19