Norfolk State defeats Winston-Salem State 74-50Feb 21, 2010 - 1:57 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Michael Deloach scored 18 points to lead five Norfolk State players in double figures in a 74-50 victory over Winston-Salem State on Saturday.
Brandon Wheeless went 4-for-4 from the field and 5-for-5 from the line to score a career-high 15 points for the Spartans (8-17), who won their third consecutive game.
Norfolk State led throughout, taking a 22-9 advantage on Aleek Pauline's layup with 8:15 remaining in the first half and 37-26 on Rob Hampton's three-point play with 17:29 to play.
Deloach's two free throws gave the Spartans a 58-42 lead with 6:44 to play.
Kyle O'Quinn scored 13 points and Hampton and Tim Zephyr added 10 points each for Norfolk State, which shot 61.5 percent from the floor (16-for-26) in the second half.
Paul Davis scored 15 points for Winston-Salem State (10-15), which lost for the third time in four games.
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 50
NORFOLK ST 74 FINAL
Feb 20 8:32 PM
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 22
NORFOLK ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:20 PM
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18
- Norfolk State hopes dream run continues in clash with Florida Mar 18