Missouri steams past Nebraska 74-59Feb 21, 2010 - 1:22 AM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Marcus Denmon scored a career-high 24 points as Missouri took control midway through the second half and pulled away to defeat Nebraska 74-59 on Saturday.
Missouri (20-7, 8-4 Big 12) trailed 39-38 when Zaire Taylor hit a jumper that gave the Tigers the lead they would never relinquish with 17:07 remaining.
Nebraska (13-14, 1-11) could manage just three baskets in the next 5 1/2 minutes against the tight Missouri man-to-man defense. The Tigers outscored the Huskers 16-6 in that stretch, going up 56-45 on Denmon's short jumper that came off a Tiger steal.
Denmon's 24 points came on 8 of 12 shooting from the field, including 5 of 7 from beyond the 3-point line. His previous career high of 22 came on Feb. 6 against Colorado.
Taylor finished with 18 points and Laurence Bowers with 12 points for Missouri.
Ryan Anderson led Nebraska with 22 points.
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 59 FINAL
Feb 20 8:03 PM
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 33 HALFTIME
Feb 20 6:57 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19