McNally's 23 leads Harvard past Columbia 77-57Feb 21, 2010 - 2:53 AM CAMBRIDGE, Mass.(AP) -- Oliver McNally scored 23 points, hitting five 3-pointers, to lead Harvard to a 77-57 rout over Columbia on Saturday night.
Jeremy Lin had 11 points, six rebounds and five assists on four turnovers for the Crimson (18-6, 7-3 Ivy League), who have won four of their last five. Kyle Casey and Dee Giger each finished with 10 points.
Harvard hardly struggled against the Lions (9-15, 3-7), taking a 29-17 lead with 6:58 left in the first half on a layup by McNally, who went 8-for-10 from the floor.
The Crimson went into halftime with a 19-point lead and later took a 70-46 advantage - their largest of the game - on a three-point play by Lin with 6:51 to play.
Noruwa Agho led Columbia with 18 points on 5 of 13 shooting, while Niko Scott added 10 points.
Harvard shot 50 percent from the floor (25-for-50) compared to the Lions, who shot 38.9 percent (21-for-54).
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 77 FINAL
Feb 20 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 45 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:52 PM
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16