Mississippi Valley St. routs Texas Southern 62-44Feb 21, 2010 - 2:41 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Shannon Behling scored 14 points and Mississippi Valley State routed Texas Southern 62-44 on Saturday night for its second win in a row.
Amos Studivant added 11 points, and Julius Cheeks and D'Angelo Jackson each had 10 for the Delta Devils (8-19, 7-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference). The win avenged a 74-73 loss to the Tigers on Jan. 23.
Two Texas Southern players - Justin Ray and Aaron Clayborn - were ejected with 2:29 to play after being whistled for technical fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Delta Devils' Jason Holmes also was called for a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct at 2:29. MVSU led 57-41 before the fouls.
Two free throws by Jackson after the technicals gave MVSU its largest lead of the game at 60-41.
Deandre Hall scored 16 points and Travele Jones added 13 for the Tigers (12-12, 8-5), who have lost three of their past four games.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 44
MISS VALLEY ST 62 FINAL
Feb 20 7:47 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 23
MISS VALLEY ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 20 6:40 PM
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11