Northern Colorado edges Portland State, 64-61Feb 21, 2010 - 4:08 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Chris Kaba scored a career-high 19 points and had nine rebounds as Northern Colorado held off Portland State 64-61 Saturday night.
Taylor Montgomery added 11 points for Northern Colorado (21-6, 11-4 Big Sky), which has won five of its last six. Will Figures was held to a season-low eight points for the Bears, who avenged an earlier loss to the Vikings.
Dominic Waters had 20 of his 28 points in the second half, but missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have sent the game into overtime. Julius Thomas and Jamie Jones had 11 points for the Vikings (10-17, 5-9), losers of five straight.
Portland State won in Portland, 85-69, on Jan. 15.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 61
NORTHERN COLO 64 FINAL
Feb 20 10:49 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 18
NORTHERN COLO 33 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:49 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9
- Tisdale, Richardson, guide Illinois past Northern Colorado Dec 12
- Northern Colorado moves quickly to replace Boyle Apr 20