Alabama State tops Southern U. 73-64Feb 23, 2010 - 4:43 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Tramayne Moorer scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Alabama State to a 73-64 victory over Southern on Monday night.
Tramaine Butler added 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Hornets (12-13, 9-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have now won three games in a row.
Alabama State jumped out to an early 15-4 lead after a layup from Butler with 14:37 remaining. The lead ballooned to as many as 17 points in the first half, as a free throw from Menji Mundadi with 2 seconds remaining gave the Hornets a 44-27 lead at halftime.
Quinton Doggett led the Jaguars (4-23, 2-13) with 16 points, while Julius Ingram added 14 points. Southern has now lost six games in a row.
Alabama State outrebounded the Jaguars 43-31, and the Hornets shot 58.3 percent from 3-point range (7-for-12).
Southern shot 31.6 percent from beyond the arc (6-for-19).
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 73 FINAL
Feb 22 11:04 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 43 HALFTIME
Feb 22 9:54 PM
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22
- Southern hits road seeking upset of No. 12 Baylor Dec 22
- No. 1 Arizona beats Southern, moves to 12-0 Dec 20
- Top-ranked Wildcats set sights on Jaguars Dec 19
- No. 16 Florida gets past Southern Nov 18