Chattanooga defeats Davidson 78-73Feb 23, 2010 - 2:26 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ricky Taylor scored 22 points and Ty Patterson added 20 to help Chattanooga defeat Davidson 78-73 on Monday night, snapping a five-game losing streak.
The Mocs (14-15, 6-10 Southern Conference) trailed 35-32 at halftime, and shot 52 percent from the field in the second half (26 of 56), including 5 of 10 from 3-point range.
Chattanooga outscored the Wildcats 8-3 after halftime, taking its first lead since 6:56 left in the first half, 40-38, on Keegan Bell's 3 with 17:24 to play.
Davidson (14-14, 9-7) would lead again, 52-50 with 10:03 remaining, but the Mocs scored 11 straight. Jeremy Saffore's layup put Chattanooga up 61-52 with 6:38 left, and the Wildcats wouldn't get any closer than six points the rest of the way.
Jake Cohen scored 16 points and Brendon McKillop added 15 for the Wildcats.
Davidson shot 35.1 percent in the second half (13 of 37).
- NCAA BB
CHATTANOOGA 78 FINAL
Feb 22 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
CHATTANOOGA 32 HALFTIME
Feb 22 7:56 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7