Western Michigan defeats Toledo 61-41Feb 25, 2010 - 2:40 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Martelle McLemore scored 19 points to lead Western Michigan to a 61-41 victory over Toledo on Wednesday night.
Flenard Whitfield added 12 points and 13 players saw action for the Broncos (15-13, 7-7 Mid-American Conference), who shot 54.2 percent from the field (26-for-48).
Western Michigan used a 14-3 run to take a 39-24 lead on Donald Lawson's layup with 14:37 left. McLemore and Nate Hutcheson each scored five points during the run.
Demetrius Ward hit a 3-pointer to push the lead to 49-29 with 10:37 remaining and Whitfield's dunk gave the Broncos a 53-29 advantage with 7:05 to play.
McLemore finished with four 3-pointers and the Broncos shot 42.9 percent (6-for-14) from beyond the arc.
Jake Barnett scored 17 points and Justin Anyijong added 11 points for Toledo (3-26, 0-14), which has lost 19 consecutive games.
Western Michigan swept the season series.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 61
TOLEDO 41 FINAL
Feb 24 8:49 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 25
TOLEDO 21 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:49 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31