Odiakosa, Illinois State top Indiana State 75-58Feb 25, 2010 - 3:53 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Dinma Odiakosa, in his final home game, had 21 points and 12 rebounds Wednesday night to lead Illinois State past Indiana State 75-58.
Fellow senior Osiris Eldridge added 14 points and seven rebounds for the Redbirds (21-8, 11-6), who won their sixth in a row and clinched third place in the Missouri Valley Conference with the win.
Tony Lewis added a career-high 19 points plus 11 rebounds, and Jackie Carmichael blocked six shots, also a personal best. The Redbirds had 44 rebounds to 26 for Indiana State.
Carl Richard led the Sycamores (16-13, 8-9) with 14 points and seven rebounds. Harry Marshall, returning from an injury and playing his first game since Feb. 3, had 10 points for Indiana State.
Aaron Carter scored 13 points and Dwayne Lathan 12 for Indiana State.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 58
ILLINOIS ST 75 FINAL
Feb 24 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 24
ILLINOIS ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 24 9:00 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11