New Mexico State rides 3-pointers past Idaho 74-57Feb 25, 2010 - 6:46 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Jahmar Young hit three of New Mexico State's 12 3-pointers in a 74-57 victory over Idaho on Wednesday night.
Young's 23 points led the Aggies (18-9, 10-3 Western Athletic), who won their third consecutive game and their sixth in the last seven. Wendell McKines added a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Jonathan Gibson added 15 points on 3-for-6 shooting from 3-point range. New Mexico State was 12 of 26 from beyond the arc. Hamidu Rahman had 11 rebounds.
Kyle Barone and Kashif Watson led the Vandals (13-14, 4-9) with 10 points each.
New Mexico State closed the first half on a 15-2 run in the last 4:36 for a 41-23 lead. Idaho never got closer than 15 in the second half, and the lead peaked at 23.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 74 FINAL
Feb 25 1:01 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 41 HALFTIME
Feb 24 11:59 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14
- San Diego St. survives New Mexico St. in OT Mar 21