Quinnipiac's duo leads to 82-63 win over MonmouthFeb 26, 2010 - 3:58 AM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine had a triple-double and Justin Rutty scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Quinnipiac to an 82-63 win over Monmouth (N.J.) on Thursday night.
Feldeine finished with 19 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds for the Bobcats (20-8, 14-3 Northeast Conference), who have won six of their last seven. James Johnson had eight points with six assists.
Quinnipiac, which shot 54.2 percent from the floor (32-for-59), pulled away from the Hawks (12-17, 8-9), building a 13-point lead in the first half on Feldeine's jumper before the Bobcats went into halftime with a 39-23 advantage.
Johnson's 3-pointer with 5:52 to play gave Quinnipiac a 76-49 lead - its largest of the game. Monmouth pulled no closer than 19 the rest of the way.
Travis Taylor led the Hawks with 20 points and seven rebounds, but had five turnovers. Will Campbell added 11 points.
- NCAA BB
QUINNIPIAC 82 FINAL
Feb 25 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
QUINNIPIAC 39 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:17 PM
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Syracuse destroys Monmouth Dec 8
- Hawks face tall task in clash with fourth-ranked Orange Dec 8
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- No. 20 Notre Dame dominates Monmouth Nov 12
- Monmouth seeks upset of Notre Dame Nov 12
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11