North Texas beats Louisiana-Lafayette 65-57Feb 26, 2010 - 3:59 AM DENTON, Texas(AP) -- George Odufuwa snagged his 11th double-double of the season to help North Texas stay atop its division with a 65-57 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Thursday night.
It was the seventh straight win for the Mean Green (20-8, 12-5), who continue to lead the West Division of the Sun Belt Conference.
Thursday night's matchup was tied at 23 at halftime, but the Mean Green pulled ahead in the second half with 66 percent shooting from the field. They finished just shy of 50 percent overall.
Odufuwa scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, while Tristan Thompson led the team in scoring with 16 points. Josh White helped out with 14 points and Eric Tramiel finished with 10.
The Ragin' Cajuns (13-15, 10-7) were led in scoring by Tyren Johnson, who had 22 points. Randell Daigle finished with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 57
NORTH TEXAS 65 FINAL
Feb 25 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 23
NORTH TEXAS 23 HALFTIME
Feb 25 9:00 PM
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25