Boise State holds off Louisiana Tech 72-59 in WACFeb 26, 2010 - 3:57 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Paul Noonan scored 14 points and made four 3-pointers to lead Boise State to a 72-59 victory over Louisiana Tech on Thursday night.
Ike Okoye added 12 points for the Broncos (13-15, 3-10 Western Athletic Conference), who had lost four of their last five coming into the game.
Boise State was 8-for-18 from 3-point range (44.4 percent).
The Broncos took a seven-point lead in the first half, but the Bulldogs used a 7-0 run to pull even with 3:14 left and the game was tied at 37 at the break.
Louisiana Tech took a 45-39 advantage with 15:13 left, then Boise State used a 16-0 run to lead 55-45 with 9:47 to go. The Bulldogs could get no closer than seven after that.
Jamel Guyton scored 13 points and Olu Ashaolu had 11 for Louisiana Tech. Magnum Rolle, the Bulldogs' second-leading scorer averaging 14.8 points per game, was held to six points, but had 10 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 72
LOUISIANA TECH 59 FINAL
Feb 25 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 37
LOUISIANA TECH 37 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:52 PM
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Kaminsky lifts No. 3 Wisconsin over Boise State Nov 23