Yale defeats Dartmouth 55-45Feb 27, 2010 - 2:26 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Austin Morgan scored 14 points and Yale defeated Dartmouth 55-45 on Friday night.
Michael Sands added 11 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs (11-17, 5-6 Ivy League), who snapped a two-game losing streak. The Bulldogs have swept the season series three times in the past four seasons.
Leading 14-10 with 8:33 to play in the first half, Yale scored 10 straight points for a 24-10 lead after a 3-pointer by Porter Braswell with 4:23 to play. The lead never dipped below six points the rest of the game.
Dartmouth made only 25 percent of its field goal attempts (14 of 56) while Yale was good on 38.8 percent (19 of 49). Both teams committed 20 turnovers.
Robby Pride scored 13 points for the Big Green (5-20, 1-10), who have lost two in a row and nine of their past 10 games. Dartmouth won the battle on the boards 37-32.
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 45 FINAL
Feb 26 8:45 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 16 HALFTIME
Feb 26 7:43 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Yale Nov 11
- Yale seeks upset of No. 18 UConn Nov 11