Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59Feb 27, 2010 - 5:19 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Gabe Rogers had 20 points and five assists in Northern Arizona's 73-59 victory over Sacramento State on Friday night.
Cameron Jones scored 18 points and Shane Johannsen had 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Lumberjacks (14-13, 8-8 Big Sky), who have beaten the Hornets 11 straight times since 2004-05.
Justin Eller led the Hornets (9-20, 3-12) with 14 points. Antonio Flaggs and Duro Bjegovic had 12 each.
Northern Arizona had already clinched a spot in the conference tournament, and Sacramento State has been eliminated.
Trailing by four points early in the second half, the Lumberjacks battled back to take a 42-41 lead on a basket by Jones with 13:03 left and never looked back.
- NCAA BB
NORTHRN ARIZONA 73
SACRAMENTO ST 59 FINAL
Feb 26 11:52 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHRN ARIZONA 26
SACRAMENTO ST 27 HALFTIME
Feb 26 10:47 PM
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28