Cornell routs Penn 68-48Feb 28, 2010 - 3:21 AM ITHACA, N.Y.(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 18 points and Cornell routed Penn 68-48 on Saturday night.
With the win, Cornell (25-4, 11-1 Ivy League) maintains a two-game lead over Harvard and Princeton with two games remaining. The regular-season winner gets an automatic bid into the NCAA tournament as the Ivy League does not have a postseason tournament.
Cornell has won five straight games since losing to Penn 79-64 on Feb. 12.
Louis Dale added 16 points, Chris Wroblewski had 13 and Jeff Foote grabbed 11 rebounds for Cornell.
The Big Red scored 26 points off 21 Penn turnovers and shot 56 percent (28 of 50) from the field, including 43.5 percent (10 of 23) from 3-point range.
Cornell, which never trailed, led 34-21 at halftime and built its biggest lead at 56-33 after a free throw by Dale with 9:49 remaining.
Zack Rosen led Penn (5-20, 4-7) with 23 points.
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 68 FINAL
Feb 27 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
CORNELL 34 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:12 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15