William & Mary defeats UNC-Wilmington 62-51Feb 28, 2010 - 4:35 AM WILMINGTON, N.C.(AP) -- Quinn McDowell scored 23 points as William & Mary defeated North Carolina-Wilmington 62-51 on Saturday night to earn the No. 3 seed for the Colonial Athletic Association Tournament.
McDowell scored 16 points and David Schneider scored 10 of his 15 in the first half, when the Tribe (19-9, 11-6) led by as many as 15 points on the way to a 38-28 halftime lead.
William & Mary shot 53.8 percent (14-for-26) in the first half, including 8-for-12 on 3-pointers. McDowell was 4-for-5 on 3-pointers and Schneider 3-for-3 in the half.
The Seahawks got within six, 55-49, with 57 seconds left, but Schneider made 5 of 6 free throws down the stretch.
William & Mary will face Drexel or James Madison on March 6 in the tournament quarterfinals in Richmond, Va.
Johnny Wolf, with 11 points, led UNC Wilmington, which will face Towson in the tournament opener on March 5.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 62
UNC WILMINGTON 51 FINAL
Feb 27 10:06 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 38
UNC WILMINGTON 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:51 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10