Kent State defeats Miami, Ohio 66-58Feb 28, 2010 - 3:00 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Justin Greene scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and Kent State beat Miami (Ohio) 66-58 on Saturday night.
The Golden Flashes (22-8, 12-3 Mid-American Conference) have won four in a row and face Akron on March 5 with the MAC East Division regular season title on the line. Both teams are 12-3 in the conference.
Frank Henry-Ala added 12 points, and Anthony Simpson and Chris Singleton each had 11 for the Golden Flashes.
Kent State turned the ball over only four times but scored 13 points off 12 Miami miscues. The Golden Flashes led by 10 in the first half but Miami tied the game 41-41 with 14 minutes remaining. The Golden Flashes went on an 8-0 run to lead 49-41 after a Henry-Ala layup with 7:08 to play. Miami could get no closer than four points the rest of the way.
Julian Mavunga scored 17 points, Kenny Hayes had 15 and Nick Winbush 13 for Miami (12-17, 8-7).
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 58
KENT ST 66 FINAL
Feb 27 9:11 PM
- NCAA BB
MIAMI OH 26
KENT ST 35 HALFTIME
Feb 27 7:53 PM
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7
- Miami-Ohio F Edwards out for season Nov 28
- No. 2 Louisville throttles Miami-Ohio in early tune-up Nov 18