North Texas defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-71Feb 27, 2010 - 9:44 PM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Josh White scored 18 points and North Texas defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-71 in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday.
White, who was 13 of 16 from the free throw line, led four players in double figures for the Sun Belt West leading Mean Green (21-8, 13-5).
Tristan Thompson chipped in 14 points, and Collin Mangrum and George Odufuwa scored 10 each. Odufuwa, the Sun Belt's leading rebounder at 10.3 per game, finished with 16 boards.
The Mean Green led 65-54 with 4:10 remaining, and the Warhawks (11-18, 6-12) went on an 8-1 run, bringing their deficit to four points. Tommie Sykes' layup pulled Louisiana-Monroe within 66-62 with 2:14 to go.
However, North Texas went 6-for-6 from the free throw line from that point, sealing its eighth straight win.
Dynile Forbes scored 19 and Sykes finished with 12 for the Warhawks, who lost their fourth straight.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 74
UL MONROE 71 FINAL
Feb 27 4:13 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 34
UL MONROE 23 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:55 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9