Detroit defeats Youngstown State 62-54Feb 27, 2010 - 10:06 PM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) -- Thomas Kennedy scored 15 points and Detroit defeated Youngstown State 62-54 on Saturday in the final regular season game for both teams.
Xavier Keeling added 14 points, and Eli Holman had nine points and 11 rebounds for the Titans (18-13, 9-9 Horizon League), who won their third straight game.
The two teams open the conference tournament on March 2.
The Titans held a 38-29 rebounding edge and outscored Youngstown on second-chance points 19-6.
Leading 41-37 with 15:49 to play, the Titans went on a 14-2 run to grab their largest lead of the game at 55-39. Simon Chase capped the run with a free throw with 6:42 remaining.
DeAndre Mays scored 13 points, Kelvin Bright added 11 and Vytas Sulskis had 10 for the Penguins (8-21, 2-10), who lost their ninth in a row and 13th of their final 14 games.
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 54 FINAL
Feb 27 3:58 PM
- NCAA BB
YOUNGSTOWN ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:51 PM
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14
- Detroit-Temple men's hoops game postponed Dec 27
- Boeheim earns 900th win as Syracuse holds off Detroit Dec 17
- Boeheim goes in search of win No. 900 Dec 17
- Kansas cruises past Detroit Mar 17