Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66Feb 28, 2010 - 5:08 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Will Figures had 20 points and six rebounds as Northern Colorado beat Sacramento State, 78-66, in Big Sky Conference play on Saturday night.
Elliott Lloyd and Mike Proctor scored 16 points each and Neal Kingman added 11 points for the Bears (24-6, 12-4).
Northern Colorado earned the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye in next weekend's Big Sky Tournament.
Justin Eller scored 25 points and Duro Bjegovich had 10 points for the Hornets (9-21, 3-13). The Hornets finished in last place (9th).
The Bears' biggest lead of the game came off a 3-point shot by Figures to make the score 60-44 with 11:23 remaining in the second half.
The Hornets cut the lead to 10 on three different occasions but failed to get any closer.
The Bears shot 53.3 percent (26 of 47) from the floor and made 8 of 15 behind the arc. They made six 3's in the first half to take a 43-33 halftime lead.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 78
SACRAMENTO ST 66 FINAL
Feb 27 11:48 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 43
SACRAMENTO ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 27 10:49 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9