Auburn knocks off LSU 74-59Feb 28, 2010 - 2:58 AM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Tay Waller hit six 3-pointers and scored 26 points to lead Auburn to a 74-59 victory over LSU on Saturday night.
Waller was 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and the Tigers (14-15, 5-9 Southeastern Conference) finished with 13 3-pointers. Waller is averaging 28 points in Auburn's past three games, going 21-for-31 from beyond the arc in that span.
The Tigers dominated the first half, hitting eight 3-pointers and shooting 50 percent from the field (12 of 24) to take a 36-19 lead at the break. LSU (10-18, 1-13) shot just 34.8 percent from the field and was 0-for-6 on 3-point attempts in the first half.
Auburn's lead reached 19 points, but LSU cut the deficit to 54-45 on Bo Spencer's 3-pointer with 8:38 remaining. Lucas Hargrove hit two free throws and Waller drained a 3-pointer for a 59-45 lead with 7:28 to play.
Spencer scored 23 and Storm Warren added 14 for LSU.
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 74 FINAL
Feb 27 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 36 HALFTIME
Feb 27 7:53 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15