Harvard defeats Yale 78-58Feb 28, 2010 - 2:43 AM CAMBRIDGE, Mass.(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 26 points as Harvard defeated Yale 78-58 on Saturday night.
Lin also added five steals for the Crimson (20-6, 9-3 Ivy League), who have won three in a row and six of their last seven games. Brandyn Curry added 14 points and five assists for Harvard.
Harvard led 47-33 at halftime, and opened the second half with a 15-6 run to take a 62-39 lead. Yale scored only one field goal in the first 10:49 of the second half.
The Crimson took their largest lead after a 3-pointer from Lin made the score 67-42 with 7:25 remaining.
Alex Zampier scored 16 points to lead Yale (11-18, 5-7). The Bulldogs have lost three of their last four games.
Harvard shot 48.3 percent from the field (28-for-58), while Yale shot 33.3 percent (16-for-48).
Yale was outscored 40-16 in the paint.
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 78 FINAL
Feb 27 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
HARVARD 47 HALFTIME
Feb 27 7:56 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15