Tulsa defeats East Carolina 85-73Feb 28, 2010 - 2:36 AM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Justin Hurtt scored 34 points and Tulsa snapped a four-game losing streak with an 85-73 win over East Carolina on Saturday night.
Hurtt made 7 of 11 3-pointers and was 11 of 16 from the field. The Golden Hurricane (20-9, 9-5 Conference USA) shot 53.7 percent (29 of 54) from the field, including 52.6 percent (10 of 19) from 3-point range.
Tulsa never trailed and built its biggest lead at 69-53 with 7:16 remaining after a free throw by Bryson Pope. The lead stayed in double figures the rest of the game.
Both teams committed 13 turnovers, but Tulsa outscored East Carolina 20-9 on points off turnovers.
Jerome Jordan had 15 points and 10 rebounds, Joe Richard added 13 points and Ben Uzoh had 10 for the Golden Hurricane.
Brock Young had 30 points and Darrius Morrow added 15 for the Pirates (9-19, 3-11), who have lost six of their past eight games.
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 73 FINAL
Feb 27 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 29 HALFTIME
Feb 27 7:49 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13
- Pirates seek upset of Mustangs in AAC Tournament action Mar 13
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13
- Rivals collide as Oklahoma takes on Tulsa Dec 13
- No. 12 UNC routs East Carolina Dec 7
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels set sights on Pirates Dec 7