Middle Tennessee tops Florida Atlantic 66-57Feb 28, 2010 - 3:05 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Desmond Yates scored 14 points as Middle Tennessee defeated Florida Atlantic 66-57 on Saturday night.
Calvin O'Neil added 13 points for the Blue Raiders (19-12, 13-5 Sun Belt Conference), while Trevor Ottley blocked five shots. Middle Tennessee closed out their regular season with three straight wins.
The Blue Raiders led by 17 points in the first half after two free throws from O'Neil made the score 32-15 with 3:30 left in the half. Middle Tennessee went into halftime with a 32-22 advantage, and would lead for the entire second half.
Greg Gantt scored 17 points to lead the Owls (14-15, 10-8), while Sanchez Hughley added 13 points and 11 rebounds. Florida Atlantic has lost three games in a row.
Middle Tennessee shot 43.1 percent from the field (22-for-51), including 50 percent from 3-point range (6-for-12).
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 66
FLA ATLANTIC 57 FINAL
Feb 27 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 32
FLA ATLANTIC 22 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:00 PM
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20