Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas StateFeb 28, 2010 - 4:12 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard scored a game-high 20 points to help Troy take a 64-57 win over Arkansas State and grab its share of the Sun Belt East Division title on Saturday night.
The Trojans (18-11, 13-5 Sun Belt) ended the season tied for the No. 1 in the division with Middle Tennessee, which beat Florida Atlantic on Saturday to also finish 13-5.
Having swept Middle Tennessee during the regular season, Troy will take the top seed in the Sun Belt Conference Championship tournament, which begins March 6.
Hazzard made 6 of 6 from the free-throw line and sank 4 of 9 tries from 3-point range for his third straight double-digit scoring game.
Michael Vogler also helped out the Trojans with 19 points.
Martavius Adams led the Red Wolves (16-13, 11-7) with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Sekani Milligen also scored 18 points.
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 57 FINAL
Feb 27 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 28 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:51 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22
- Red Wolves pay visit to seventh-ranked Cardinals Nov 22
- Memphis survives Arkansas State in OT Dec 2
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9