Belmont defeats Kennesaw State 74-42Feb 28, 2010 - 4:52 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Mick Hedgepeth scored 14 points to help Belmont clinch a share of the Atlantic Sun Conference title with a 74-42 victory over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Belmont (19-11, 14-6) finished in a four-way tie with Jacksonville, Campbell and Lipscomb, and will be the No. 3 seed for the conference tournament, which begins March 4 in Macon, Ga. The Bruins will play Mercer in the first round.
Belmont has a league-high six conference titles - three regular season and three tournament - in the past five years.
Ian Clark added 13 points and the Bruins forced 23 turnovers to win for the eighth time in nine games. Belmont shot 51.4 percent from the field (18-for-35) in the first half and hit 11 3-pointers in the game.
Belmont led by as many as 36 points.
Markeith Cummings scored 19 points for Kennesaw State (12-19, 7-13), which shot 24 percent from the field (12-for-50).
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 42
BELMONT 74 FINAL
Feb 27 10:25 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 20
BELMONT 49 HALFTIME
Feb 27 9:19 PM
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14