San Jose State posts easy 72-45 victoryFeb 28, 2010 - 5:56 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Robert Owens scored 20 points and Mac Peterson added 16 as San Jose State easily defeated Fresno State 72-45 on Saturday night.
It was the first time that the Spartans (14-14, 6-8 Western Athletic Conference) had held a conference opponent to under 50 points since beating Nevada 71-47 in 2001.
The Bulldogs (14-16, 6-8) shot just 25 percent and during the final minutes of the first half made just 1-of-22 shots from the field.
The win gave San Jose State its first 14-win season since 2000-01.
Adrian Oliver set a career-high with eight assists and Chris Oakes had 12 rebounds for the Spartans, who led by 30 early in the second half.
Sylvester Seay and Steven Shepp each had 12 points for Fresno State.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 45
SAN JOSE ST 72 FINAL
Feb 27 11:59 PM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 16
SAN JOSE ST 32 HALFTIME
Feb 27 10:57 PM
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13
- No. 13 SDSU cruises past Fresno State Mar 2