UC Davis runs away from UC Riverside 66-43Feb 28, 2010 - 11:22 PM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Mark Payne scored 19 points to help UC Davis beat UC Riverside 66-43 on Sunday.
Dominic Calegari had 18 points, including five 3-pointers, for the Aggies (12-16, 7-7), who clinched a bid in the Big West tournament.
Kyle Austin had eight points and 10 rebounds for the Highlanders (12-16, 5-10), who did not have a player score in double digits.
Ryan Sypkens scored all 14 of his points, including four 3s, within a six-minute span of the second half, helping the Aggies take a 42-29 lead.
UC Davis extended its lead to 25 and made 9-of-14 3s in the second half.
After missing 12 of its first 13 shots and trailing 14-2, UC Riverside surged back to cut the lead 20-18 on a 3-pointer by Jalonni Diggs with 1:48 remaining before halftime.
The Aggies were outscored 19-11 in the last 9:50 of the first half but went into intermission up 25-21.
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 43
UC DAVIS 66 FINAL
Feb 28 5:49 PM
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 21
UC DAVIS 25 HALFTIME
Feb 28 4:47 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12
- UC Davis beats Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in OT Mar 7
- Long Beach State squeezes past UC Riverside 76-74 Mar 6
- Cal State Northridge holds off UC Davis 70-66 Mar 5
- Austin lifts Riverside to 62-53 win over Pacific Feb 26
- Long Beach State pulls past UC Davis 68-65 Feb 26