Morgan State defeats North Carolina A&T 81-67Mar 2, 2010 - 5:24 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 32 points to pace Morgan State to an 81-67 win over North Carolina A&T on Monday night.
Holmes shot 11-for-22 from the field, including 8-for-13 from 3-point range. His eight 3-pointers set a school record. Holmes fell just two points shy of his career-high of 34, which was achieved earlier this season against Arkansas on Nov. 24, 2009.
Morgan State (23-9, 14-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) trailed 37-32 at halftime, but shot 57.1 percent in the second half (20-for-35) to take the game over. North Carolina A&T shot 36.7 percent in the period (11-for-30).
Thomas Coleman finished with 16 points and 14 rebounds to pace the Aggies (10-20, 6-9), who have lost three games in a row. Tavarus Alston also scored 16, while Dwane Joshua chipped in with 14.
Morgan State outrebounded the Aggies 48-35.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 67
MORGAN ST 81 FINAL
Mar 1 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 37
MORGAN ST 32 HALFTIME
Mar 1 9:58 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19