Garcia leads Seattle past Portland State 93-80Mar 4, 2010 - 7:54 PM SEATTLE(AP) -- Charles Garcia finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season, and Seattle coasted past Portland State 93-80 on Tuesday night.
Cervante Burrell added 18 points, Chris Gweth had 13 and Alex Jones 10 for the Redhawks (16-14) in their home finale.
Dominic Waters, the leading scorer for the Vikings (12-18), left the game after playing just nine minutes due to a bruised heel. He is listed as day to day. Portland State plays at Montana State Saturday in the first-round of the Big Sky Conference tournament.
The Vikings opened the second half with 13-4 run to trim a 56-39 halftime deficit to single digits. Garcia later scored six straight points, including an emphatic slam off an alley-oop pass from Burrell, to push Seattle's lead to 82-62.
Melvin Jones led the Vikings with 22 points, and Chris Harriel had 13.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 80
SEATTLE 93 FINAL
Mar 3 1:10 AM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 39
SEATTLE 56 HALFTIME
Mar 2 11:59 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Seattle 74, Utah Valley St. 64 Mar 6