Colorado ends 36-game Big 12 road slide, 81-68Mar 3, 2010 - 3:31 AM By ERIC OLSON AP Sports Writer
LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Reserve forward Casey Crawford had career highs with 20 points and six 3-pointers, and Colorado ended its 36-game Big 12 road losing streak with an 81-68 victory over lowly Nebraska on Tuesday night.
Alec Burks and Cory Higgins added 19 points apiece for the Buffaloes (14-15, 5-10 Big 12).
Jorge Brian Diaz had 15 points, Lance Jeter 14 and Ryan Anderson 10 for the Cornhuskers (14-16, 2-13).
Colorado had runs of 19-4 in the first half and 19-5 in the second. After Crawford hit his sixth 3, putting the Buffaloes up 65-45 with 7:48 left, fans started leaving the Devaney Sports Center.
Colorado's previous Big 12 road win was an 80-78 overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Jan. 21, 2006.
Tuesday's win also ended Colorado's 28-game road losing streak against Division I opponents.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16
- Boyle, Buffs look to rebound from disappointing season Oct 28
- Colorado Preview Capsule Oct 28