Sam Houston State beats Northwestern State 103-75Mar 4, 2010 - 3:38 AM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Corey Allmond scored 24 points and Gilberto Clavell added 21 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 103-75 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
The Bearkats (22-6, 14-1 Southland Conference) have secured the top seed for next week's conference tournament. Allmond hit five 3-pointers and Clavell was 8-for-10 from the field for Sam Houston State, which has won three consecutive games.
Sam Houston State shot 53.8 percent from the field (21 of 39) in the first half to take a 57-35 lead. The Bearkats used a 15-3 run to take a 42-22 lead on Josten Crow's 3-pointer with 7:26 remaining.
Crow hit another 3 and Clavell made a layup for a 52-25 lead with 4:59 to play.
Crow scored 15 points and Preston Brown added 13 for Sam Houston State.
Damon Jones scored 21 points and Devon Baker had 17, and William Mosley had 17 rebounds for Northwestern State (10-18, 5-10).
- NCAA BB
SAM HOUSTON ST 103
NORTHWESTERN ST 75 FINAL
Mar 3 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
SAM HOUSTON ST 57
NORTHWESTERN ST 35 HALFTIME
Mar 3 9:02 PM
- Sam Houston State beats St. Thomas (Texas) 114-92 Nov 17
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23