Northwestern shuts down Chicago State 72-49Mar 4, 2010 - 3:07 AM EVANSTON, Ill.(AP) -- John Shurna scored 16 points and Alex Marcotullio added 15 points on five 3-pointers to lead Northwestern to a 72-49 non-conference win over Chicago State on Wednesday night.
Northwestern, which had lost four of its previous six games, was slugglish for most of the first half.
Leading 27-25 with 3:19 left in the half, Northwestern (19-11) pulled away with a 10-0 run. Marcotullio and Jeremy Nash made back-to-back 3-pointers and Davide Curletti hit a pair of free throws to give the Wildcats a 37-25 lead. Christian Wall made a runner for Chicago State as time expired in the first half to cut the Northwestern lead to 37-27.
Antonio Lofton and Kabangu Tshinga Kasamba led Chicago State (8-22) with 12 points each.
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 49
NORTHWESTERN 72 FINAL
Mar 3 10:01 PM
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 27
NORTHWESTERN 37 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:58 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Northwestern F Vic Law to miss season with shoulder injury Nov 11
- Northwestern looks to make jump in Collins' third season Oct 27
- Northwestern at a glance Oct 27
- Northwestern rewards Collins with extension May 26
- Wisconsin dominates Northwestern Feb 7
- Wildcats and Badgers meet in Big Ten battle Feb 7
- Maryland pulls out comeback win over Northwestern Jan 25
- Wildcats hit road to challenge 13th-ranked Terrapins Jan 25
- No. 4 Wisconsin blows out Northwestern Jan 4
- Big Ten brawl pits Badgers against Wildcats Jan 4
- Butler pulls away to beat Northwestern Dec 6