Palmer, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi top Lamar 79-55Mar 4, 2010 - 3:32 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer scored 28 points to spark Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to a 79-55 victory over Lamar on Wednesday night.
Palmer also had eight rebounds and four steals for the Islanders (15-14, 9-6 Southland), who shot 54.4 percent (31 of 57). Demond Watt added 11 points, and Justin Reynolds and Filip Toncinic had 10 each.
Justin Nabors had a double-double of 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Cardinals (14-17, 5-10). Anthony Miles led Lamar with 14 points, and Reggie Mathis scored 11.
Lamar led for the last time at 23-22 before Palmer personally outscored the Cardinals 10-0 over a 2:14 span. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi never was in danger after that, and the lead was in double figures the entire final 15 minutes.
The Islanders have clinched a spot in the conference tournament. Lamar is still alive but must win its finale and still would need help.
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 79
LAMAR 55 FINAL
Mar 3 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 34
LAMAR 29 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:50 PM
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29
- Lamar faces uphill climb in clash with No. 3 Kentucky Dec 28
- Sullinger leads No. 2 OSU over Lamar Dec 21