Hall sparks Texas Southern past Alcorn State 84-67Mar 5, 2010 - 4:57 AM ALCORN, Miss.(AP) -- Deandre Hall scored 21 points and Texas Southern rallied to defeat Alcorn State 84-67 on Thursday night.
The Tigers (14-15, 10-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference) trailed 34-32 at halftime, and shot 66.7 percent from the field in the second half (20 of 30).
Texas Southern finished shooting 56.1 percent (32 of 57), including 6 of 14 from 3-point range (42.9 percent)
Junior Treasure added 17 points, Travele Jones 11 and Abdallah Boune 10 points on three 3-pointers and a free throw for Texas Southern.
The Jaguars outrebounded the Braves 40-24 and scored 15 second chance points.
Alcorn State (1-29, 1-16) turned the ball over 28 times, leading to 27 Texas Southern points.
Tony Eackles led the Braves with 23 points. Ian Francis added 14 and Jonathan Boyd chipped in 11 for Alcorn State, which shot just 20 percent from 3-point range (3 of 15).
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 84
ALCORN ST 67 FINAL
Mar 4 10:58 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 32
ALCORN ST 34 HALFTIME
Mar 4 9:58 PM
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19