Pondexter scores 34; Washington tops Oregon 86-72Mar 5, 2010 - 5:40 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Quincy Pondexter had a career-high 34 points and 10 rebounds Thursday as Washington kept its NCAA tournament hopes alive with an 86-72 victory over Oregon.
Pondexter dazzled with an array of dunks and drives, going 14 for 18 from the field. Isaiah Thomas added 14 points for the Huskies (20-9, 10-7 Pac-10).
Pondexter's point total was the most by an opposing player against Oregon this season.
Washington trailed early in the second half before pulling away with an 11-0 run that made it 54-44 with 16:18 to play. Justin Holiday scored eight points during that stretch on two 3-pointers and a jumper. He finished with 10 points.
Tajuan Porter had 18 points and Michael Dunigan 16 for the Ducks (14-15, 6-11), who shot 50 percent from the field in the first half but 27.5 percent in the second.
It was the third straight win on the road for the Huskies, who started the season 0-7 on the road.
- NCAA BB
OREGON 72 FINAL
Mar 5 12:03 AM
- NCAA BB
OREGON 40 HALFTIME
Mar 4 10:55 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1