Willard, Smith lead Pacific past Northridge 66-47Mar 7, 2010 - 5:38 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Sam Willard scored 14 of his 20 points in a decisive first half, and Terrell Smith had a career-best 19 points as Pacific closed out the regular season with a 66-47 victory Saturday over Cal State Northridge.
Willard scored eight points in the Tigers' 17-5 run to start the game, and Smith scored five points as part of a 12-0 run that gave Pacific (20-10, 12-4 Big West) a 31-16 first-half lead. The Tigers led 35-21 at the half and built the lead to as many as 24 in the second half.
Pacific enters the Big West tournament as the No. 2 seed and gets a bye into the conference semifinals on Friday.
Kenny Daniels scored 17 points and Willie Galick had 13 for Northridge (11-20, 6-10), which is the No. 8 seed and faces No. 5 seed Cal State Fullerton in the first round of the Big West tournament on Wednesday.
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 47 FINAL
Mar 6 11:58 PM
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 21 HALFTIME
Mar 6 10:56 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16