Washington turns back Oregon State 82-70Mar 7, 2010 - 4:10 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Washington beat Oregon State 82-70 Saturday night, spoiling Senior Day for the Beavers and setting up a rematch between the two schools in the first round of the Pac-10 Conference tournament on Thursday.
Matt Bryan-Amaning led the Huskies with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Isaiah Thomas added 19 points and five assists and Quincy Pondexter scored 18 for Washington (21-9, 11-7 Pac-10), which will carry the No. 3 seed in the postseason conference tournament.
Roeland Schaftenaar had 15 points for Oregon State (14-16, 8-10), the No. 6 seed in the Pac-10.
Washington, which has won six straight games over the Beavers, led 37-29 at the half and by as many as 20 points in the second half.
The Huskies had only seven turnovers against the Beavers, who lead the Pac-10 in steals.
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 70 FINAL
Mar 6 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 29 HALFTIME
Mar 6 8:53 PM
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9
- Andrews putting together star season for surprising Huskies Feb 2
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- It's early but Washington the only undefeated team in Pac-12 Jan 13