Maine beats Albany 63-54Jan 22, 2010 - 2:29 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Gerald McLemore scored 21 points to lead Maine to its fourth straight America East Conference win, 63-54 over Albany (N.Y.) on Thursday night.
Sean McNally added 14 points and Terrance Mitchell had 12 for the Black Bears (12-6, 4-1), who have won seven of their last eight games overall.
McLemore hit five 3-pointers for the Black Bears, who finished 8-for-17 from beyond the arc (47.1 percent). The Great Danes were just 5-for-16 from long range (31.3 percent).
Albany led for most of the opening half, but Malachi Peay's layup pulled Maine even at 19-all with 4:27 left before halftime and Junior Bernal's jumper put the Black Bears up by two. Maine would never trail again.
Mike Black's 3 pulled Albany back within 44-43 with 9:13 remaining, but Maine sealed it with a 12-2 run from that juncture.
Tim Ambrose scored 24 points for Albany (6-15, 1-5).
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 54 FINAL
Jan 21 8:56 PM
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 24 HALFTIME
Jan 21 7:50 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6