Hartford holds off Albany 64-62Jan 28, 2010 - 3:32 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski scored 21 points and Hartford held off Albany (N.Y.) down the stretch to come away with a 64-62 victory on Wednesday night.
Joel Barkers hit a free throw to give the Stags (6-15, 4-4 America East Conference) a 64-62 lead with 35 seconds left. Albany's Jake Lindfors missed a jumper with 5 seconds left and Logan Aronhalt missed a 3 with 2 seconds to play.
Albany (6-17, 1-7) has lost three straight and seven of its past eight games.
Hartford trailed 43-42, but scored six straight points to take a 48-43 lead on Joel Barkers' jumper with 11:31 to play.
Albany tied the game at 55 on Scotty McRae's layup with 5:32 left. McRae scored all nine of his points in the second half.
Morgan Sabia added 12 points for Hartford, which was 9-for-24 from the 3-point line (37.5 percent).
Aronhalt scored 14 and Tim Ambrose had 10 points and six assists for Albany.
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 62 FINAL
Jan 27 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
ALBANY 30 HALFTIME
Jan 27 7:55 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15