Strong's 24 leads Boston U past Albany (NY) 68-53Feb 7, 2010 - 3:29 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Carlos Strong scored a season-high 24 points, keying an early second-half run, to lead Boston University to a 68-53 victory over Albany (N.Y.) on Saturday night.
Strong, who went 9 of 11 from the floor, scored eight straight points to spark an 11-0 run for the Terriers (13-11, 8-4 America East), who forced Albany into 21 turnovers to win their second in a row.
John Holland finished with 18 points and Jake O'Brien had 10 for Boston U., which led 34-26 at halftime before Strong opened the second half with two 3-pointers and a dunk. Strong went 5 of 7 from beyond the arc.
Boston U held a double-digit lead the rest of the way. Corey Lowe added eight points and a team-high eight rebounds for the Terriers.
Mike Black scored 18 points but had six turnovers for the Great Danes (6-20, 1-10), who lost their seventh straight game.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 68
ALBANY 53 FINAL
Feb 6 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 34
ALBANY 26 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:00 PM
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Florida clamps down on Albany to kick off NCAA sojourn Mar 20
- Gators get started with Great Danes Mar 20
- Great Danes and Mountaineers tip off NCAA Tournament action Mar 18
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15