Penn State edges Davidson 59-57Nov 22, 2009 - 5:19 PM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jeff Brooks scored 12 points and Penn State held off Davidson 59-57 Sunday in the third round of the Charleston Classic.
Davidson had a chance to tie the game, but Brendan McKillop missed a jump shot from the lane and time expired in the ensuing scramble for the rebound.
Jake Cohen led Davidson (0-4) with 13 points and nine rebounds.
Penn State (2-2) led by as many as 19 points in the first half, but Davidson rallied to get within 31-22 at halftime.
The Wildcats started the game 3 for 13 from the field, including 0 for 10 from 3-point range.
The victory kept Penn State from going 0 for 3 in the tournament. The Nittany Lions lost to UNC Wilmington in Thursday's opening round and lost to Tulane in Friday's second round.
Davidson lost to South Florida 65-58 in the opening round and to La Salle 84-70 on Friday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Evan Maxwell transferring from Liberty to Kansas May 23
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years May 23
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Illinois' Tate rejoins basketball team after case dropped May 20
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- Prosecutor: Case against Illinois' Jaylon Tate dropped May 19
- Syracuse University appoints Daniel French interim AD May 19
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19